Employment and Discrimination Law
We have a very experienced employment and discrimination law team headed by Lawrence Rodkin as well as an in-house barrister, Kevin Harris, who specialises in employment law and an experienced human resources consultant.
EMPLOYMENT AND DISCRIMINATION SOLICITORS.
OUR OFFICES ARE LOCATED IN BLOOMSBURY, FINCHLEY AND HATFIELD
There are two aspects to employment work which we are very experienced at undertaking.
We regularly represent employees in relation to internal procedures including in relation to the following.
- The defence of disciplinary procedures. This includes preparing written representations for use at a disciplinary hearing and arranging for trade union representation if so required for the hearing.
- Defence of Performance Management
- Raising of internal grievances
- Assisting employees in relation to bullying/ harassment at work and/or micro management by their line manager.
- Excessive working hours
- Assisting employees in relation to work-related stress/depression and/or long term sickness absence.
- Assisting employees in relation to discrimination in relation to pregnancy and/or maternity.
- Defence of proposed selection for redundancy.
- Advice as to the legal enforceability of non compete covenants and providing advice in relation to employees, managers/ directors who wish to set up their own business or join a competing business.
Where so required and if reasonably possible, we will attempt to resolve matters with an agreed resignation as part of a settlement agreement with a financial package and agreed reference.
Employment Law Claims
We are very experienced at raising and defending employment law claims. These can be in the Employment Tribunal or the general Court System. In particular, the contractual jurisdiction of the Employment Tribunal is limited to £25,000, and so any contractual claims above this amount need to be raised in the general court system. Also, claims concerning non-compete covenants and/or breach of confidentiality will have to be brought in the general courts. Our claims work is assisted by our employment law consultant barrister Kevin Harris, who is particularly experienced with discrimination claims.
We act and can represent both employers and employees.
In suitable cases, we will also consider damages based/no win no fee agreement.
We can assist with both the Defence and Prosecution of employment-related claims including the following :
- Unfair dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal
- Discrimination claim (including age/sex/pregnancy & Maternity/disability/race)
- Whistleblowing claims
- Claims under the minimum wages legislation
- Claims for a redundancy payment
- Litigation concerning the enforceability of non-compete covenants
- Claims for breach of confidence or in relation to misuse/taking of client lists
Non contentious employment
As an employer, we can assist you with:
- Employment agreements and contracts
- Self-employed and Agency agreements
- Drafting company handbooks
- Organising Redundancy procedures
- General human resources advice and document drafting
- Preparation of commission/bonus schemes
- Settlement Agreements
If you wish you can also engage the services of our HR consultants.
As an employee, we can assist you with negotiations or agreements with employers/principles including service agreements and/ or Consultancy agreements
Our team has significant experience in dealing with employment issues for Company Directors.
Contact Simons Rodkin Solicitors LLP
error: Content is protected !!