Landlord and Tenant Solicitor Finchley, Bloomsbury and Hatfield
Landlord and tenant solicitors with offices in Finchley, Bloomsbury and Hatfield.
This constitutes a key area of our work. We can undertake work in both the residential and commercial fields.
We are predominately a litigation/legal dispute firm of solicitors and examples of work which we can undertake are set out below.
Residential Landlord and Tenant Solicitor London and Hertfordshire
- Bringing and protecting possession proceedings.
- Claims for arrears of rent including against guarantors.
- Defending claims by tenants for disrepair and/or other breaches of covenant.
- Advising landlords and defending actions of unlawful eviction.
- Defending legal actions taken by the local authorities and/ or the tenants (Rent repayment applications in respect of HMO’s).
- Advising and representing clients in relation to service charge disputes, this includes giving advice to tenants in relation to contractual claims for costs by the landlord. This is a current key issue. It is important to check landlords’ contractual costs when disputing service charges as it is quite possible to reduce a service charge liability a modest amount and then be subject to a large contractual claim by the landlord. This is also important to other potential claims by the landlord for breach of lease agreements.
- Application to the First Tier Tribunal to vary residential leases.
- Water penetration issues from the upper parts of a building and/or anti-social behaviour
- Advice and/or representation in relation to Right to Manage and collective enfranchisement and/or extension of long residential leases. This will include the serving of statutory notices and pursuing application to the first tier tribunal. For Right to Manage applications, it is necessary to be aware of the adverse cost provisions and it is necessary to proceed with caution with this type of matter. Unsuccessful applications for Right to Manage can result in large cost orders for which the long lessees will be personally liable to pay.
In relation to matters involving long leaseholders, we have no objection in attending a meeting of long leaseholders on-site or arranging such a meeting at one of our offices. This is to discuss any proposed legal action. We do not charge travelling time in relation to such meetings.
Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO)
We have a consultant barrister Julian Hunt who has written a book on this subject; “The Law of Houses in Multiple Occupation – A Practical Guide to HMO Proceedings” and who can represent our clients in relation to HMO issues.
Commercial Landlord and Tenant Solicitor London and Hertfordshire
- Dealing with rent arrears and the proposed forfeiture of leases
- Defending dilapidations/disrepair claims
- Representing tenants facing water penetration from the upper parts of the building which they occupy.
- Representing both landlords and tenants for the renewal of commercial leases under the 1954 Act.
- Claims against and/or representing guarantors
- Advising landlords when the tenant is subject to an insolvency procedure.
We also have a non-contentious property department who can deal with non-litigation aspects of Landlord and Tenant such assignment of leases, grant of a new lease, acquisition of lease and surrendering of a lease.
Please telephone us to discuss your case, there is no charge for an initial telephone conversation. If urgent we can see you on the same day.
Contact Simons Rodkin Solicitors LLP
error: Content is protected !!