Employment Law Settlement Agreements
We are very experienced in advising employees about employment law settlement agreements. We normally undertake a number of these every week. We take our role concerning these agreements seriously and provide comprehensive advice and support to our clients. The agreements which are produced by the employer are usually a very one-sided document, and we usually recommend for this to be amended to enable the document to be commercially acceptable to be signed by you. The employer normally offers a contribution towards costs as part of the agreement. The amount of such contribution is usually negotiable, and we use our best efforts to recover as manycosts as possible from the employer.
The employer’s contribution will usually be sufficient if it is signed off without any amendments.
We will provide you with advice as to costs and your options at our initial meeting.
Our experienced employment team is made up of a senior partner of the firm, Lawrence Rodkin who has over 30 years legal experience and our consultant counsel, Kevin Harris who was called to the bar in 1999.
EMPLOYMENT LAW SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT SERVICES FROM OUR OFFICES IN BLOOMSBURY, FINCHLEY AND HATFIELD
The work which we undertake in relation to employment law settlement agreements includes the following.
- Detailed advice as to your legal position including the value of any claims.
- If you wish – negotiations with the employer as to the amount to be paid or the package under the agreement
- Amending the agreement to make it commercially acceptable to be signed.
- Where appropriate seeking to vary non-compete covenants in order to facilitate the securing of new employment.
- Reverse settlement terms where necessary where the employee is a director or senior manager or where serious disciplinary allegations are being raised.
- Advice in relation to any share options or shareholdings held by the employee.
We can sign off agreements at our Central London, Hatfield and Finchley (North London) offices.
Immediate areas adjoining to our offices include the following Woodside Park, Barnet, Whetstone, Friern Barnet, Golders Green, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Highgate, Muswell Hill, Wood Green, Palmers Green, Enfield, Potters Bar, Welwyn Garden City, Fitzrovia, Holborn and Clerkenwell.
Contact Simons Rodkin Solicitors LLP
error: Content is protected !!