Residential Landlord and Tenant and Housing Law Solicitors
Wembley (HA0), Wembley Park (HA9) and Neasden (NW10)
We are experienced in undertaking residential landlord and tenant and Housing law work.
We are a firm of solicitors whose offices are located conveniently close by at 212 Regents Park Road, Finchley N3.
Our offices are near to the North Circular Road (Henley’s Corner). Parking is no problem in the vicinity. The road opposite to our office (Cyprus Road) has no parking restrictions except between 2pm and 3pm.
We are an approachable firm and please contact us to discuss your matter at no charge. Alternatively, please send an email to Lawrence.email@example.com
Our team of fee earners who undertake this work include our Partners Lawrence Rodkin and Simon Aaron and Barrister Julian Hunt (who was called to the Bar in 1995,) in fact Julian has written a book on Houses in Multiple Occupation and specialises in this field of work.
Residential Landlord and Tenant and Housing Law Work
We set out examples of work which we have carried out within this field:
- Accepting instructions from Landlords to obtain possession of the tenanted property – particularly where there are arrears of rent.
- Defending Landlords against claims by their Tenant for disrepair – defences which can be used include the fact that the Landlord had no knowledge of the disrepair or that they have remedied the matter within a reasonable timescale or that the defects were caused by the failure of the Tenant to use the property in a tenant like manner or that the matter is not caused by any repair within the meaning of the provisions of the Tenancy Agreement.
- We act for long leaseholders that have suffered water penetration from the flats above them. This is, in fact, a very common occurrence. This includes bringing a claim against the owners of the upstairs flat and/or their insurers. In the appropriate circumstances, the freehold owner may be liable depending upon the source of the water penetration. Water damage could lead to very costly repairs.
- We act for long leaseholders who wish to apply to the First-Tier Tribunal for an extension of their lease.
- We act for the long leaseholders of a block of flats who wish to apply to the First-Tier Tribunal to collectively acquire the freehold interest of their block. This is known as collective enfranchisement. We make use of a specialist surveyor to assist us in connection with lease renewals and/or applications to acquire the freehold.
We are regularly appointed as non-panel solicitors where our clients have the benefit of legal expense insurance cover. If you have such a cover and wish to bring a claim, then please contact us and we can assist you in making an application for cover under the policy. There are various parameters that need to be satisfied before cover will be granted and it is not uncommon to have to support the application with favourable Counsel’s opinion. There is a statutory right to choose your solicitor to represent you under a legal expense policy once proceedings have been issued.
Please telephone – 0208 446 6223- there will be no charge for a short initial telephone call
Or please send an email to Lawrence.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Simons Rodkin Solicitors LLP
error: Content is protected !!