- Commercial or residential property transactions – This will be undertaken by our experienced consultant solicitor Mark Feldmann. He will quote fixed or time-based fees. Our fees are based on our very competitive time charge rates. Please see our fee page.
- Property disputes and property litigation – We are very strong in this field since we started as a boutique litigation firm and a majority of our fee earners are litigation practitioners. Our partners have many years of property-based litigation experience behind them. In complex or difficult cases, we obtain the assistance of specialist property counsel.
Examples of property disputes that we have dealt with include the following;
- Business Leases – Dealing with schedules of dilapidation/disrepairs, applying to the court to renew a business tenancy, representing clients suffering from water penetration from upper parts of the building.
- Defending against forfeiture/possession proceedings.
- Residential Landlord and Tenant – possession proceedings, disrepair, applying to the tribunal to extend long residential leases, right to manage, rent arrears, claims against guarantors, collective enfranchisement and service charge disputes.
- General property disputes – rights of light, easements, nuisance claims against adjoining owner/occupiers.
- Building disputes – both commercial and residential. We work very closely with a construction barrister who also sits as an adjudicator.
- Neighbour and boundary disputes – these are relatively common. We try to use our skills to endeavour to resolve such disputes amicably without the need for expensive court proceedings.
If the matter is urgent, we will endeavour to see you the same day. If necessary in difficult or complex cases we will organise a telephone conference with counsel. We don’t keep you waiting.
Settlement of claims
Court action is very expensive. We can pursue a case all the way to a contested hearing if this should be required and we are very experienced at doing this.
However, where we can and where the other side is reasonable, we will use our skills to endeavour to settle the case on reasonable and satisfactory terms at a relatively early stage. We will make full use of the pre-action protocol process and where appropriate to set up pre-action mediation. Our experience is that mediation has a relatively high prospect of settling the matter.
We will endeavour to work within a reasonable budget for a case.
If there is only a limited budget available, we will use our best efforts to reduce costs
Please contact partner Lawrence Rodkin on 0207 112 8841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org