We are an employment specialist firm of solicitors within an office located close to the City of London at 32 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1, located very close to Tottenham Court Road underground station.
We are very experienced in undertaking employment law work. Our partner Lawrence Rodkin has been representing clients in employment cases since 1985, and we have employment Barrister Kevin Harris (called to the Bar in 1999). We also have a very experienced Human Resources Consultant Steven Jarret.
We also have other fee earners undertaking employment law work.
We act for both employers and employees.
We were set up as a niche litigation firm of solicitors and accordingly very strong concerning the raising and defending of employment law legal claims.
We set out below examples of the types of cases which we deal with;
Examples of employment work which we undertake are as follows.
- Defending employees concerning disciplinary allegations and/or performance management.This includes raising representations on behalf of our clients, making grievances where possible and endeavouring to resolve the matter amicably by our clients leaving the employment by way of a settlement agreement and an agreed monetary payment and reference.
- Representing employee clients who are suffering from stress at work or from long term sickness absence. This includes protecting them against being dismissed by their employers and again negotiating their exit from the company where the client wishes for this, via a settlement agreement, monetary payment and an agreed reference.
- Representing employee clients in relation to settlement agreement, we are very experienced with these agreement- we usually sign off a number of every week. We advise our clients as to their legal rights, negotiate the settlement package if so required, and amending the agreement – which is usually very one-sided, to make it commercially acceptable to be signed and press for the waiver by the Employer of non-compete covenants where relevant.
- Advising employers in relation to work-related issues for staff.
- Raising an employment law claim on behalf of employees.
- Defending employment law claims on behalf of employers.
- Financing of claims We will consider fixed fees and also for employees will work with your legal expense insurance companies. Once proceedings have been issued, if insured, you have a statutory right to choose your solicitor. We have a good relationship with legal expenses insurers and are regularly appointed as non-Panel Solicitors. We have agreed hourly charging rates with one of the largest insurers, DAS.If there is no legal expense insurance, we will consider a no win no fee agreement – damages-based agreement, if the case is reasonably strong enough.
- Specific Situations. We represent clients who are facing redundancy including making representations/grievances in relation to the selection process etc. We also provide advice in relation to claims of discrimination including disability discrimination, age discrimination and sex discrimination and pregnancy/maternity related discrimination/dismissals.