We sign off several of these every week. We are very experienced at advising clients with these agreements and provide – if so required, a full service.
This includes the following: –
- Detailed advice as to legal rights and options.
- We will run through the agreement in depth with the client, explaining the provisions of the agreement.
- We will, if the client so wishes, amend the agreement to make it commercially acceptable to sign. In particular, for instance, the agreements normally provide that any breach, however minor, means that you will receive zero. We amend this provision to provide that only serious breach will result in a forfeiture of the terminal payment.
- We will negotiate the termination package if so required.
- We will press employers to waive restrictive covenants in relevant circumstances.
It is common practice for an agreement to contain a provision for legal fees. If you wish to sign agreement off without making any changes at all, then such provision will generally be sufficient. However, if you want the agreement to be amended by us, then you are looking at minimum legal costs of £500 plus VAT. The amount of the legal costs is negotiable, and we frequently increase such contribution by negotiation with the employer.
If your matter is urgent, we will endeavour to see you on the same day. This includes if you have a disciplinary meeting convened for a few days away or if you are an employer you have received employment tribunal proceedings in the post.
Where relevant, we can also organise a telephone conference with counsel at short notice.
Our firm is very approachable. We do not charge for initial telephone calls. We can arrange initial meetings if so required at a fixed fee.
Please contact our partner, Lawrence Rodkin at our Finchley office on telephone 020 8446 6223 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.