Employment Lawyers in Mill Hill, London, NW7
We are a firm of solicitors who specialise in litigation and employment law. Our offices are located near to the North Circular Road conveniently close to Mill Hill, NW7 (Free street parking is available near our office).
Our employment law team includes our partner Lawrence Rodkin (who has been a solicitor since 1985) and our employment law Barrister Kevin Harris, (who was called to the bar in 1999).
We do not charge for initial telephone calls. We will also consider fixed fees and no win no fee arrangements in relevant cases.
Examples of the work which we carry out in the employment law field include the following as examples:
- We represented a senior manager who was being disciplined for dishonesty – which charges were disputed by our Client. We defended the disciplinary charges and negotiated a settlement deal for our Client to leave the company with an agreed reference – the reference was the passport for our Client in finding new employment elsewhere.
- We acted for an experienced engineer with long-term service, who was threatened with redundancy. We defended his position concerning the redundancy consultation, and eventually, he received an agreed payment following the termination of his engagement.
- We represented a female employee who was away on maternity leave and whose employer proposes to make redundant. (This is, in fact, a relatively common situation to staff upon maternity leave where there is employment restructure). The Client in this situation has a reasonably strong legal position in that there are issues of sex discrimination and also the statutory right to return to work after the end of maternity leave. Again, our work for our Clients almost invariably ends in the employee leaving with a financial package and agreed reference.
- Bullying and harassment at work. This is reasonably common, and we raise grievances and endeavor to protect our Clients in this situation. There are two outcomes, either our Client is moved to a different location and/or reporting to somebody else or again, our Client leaves with an agreed settlement package and reference.
- We also fairly regularly offer help to Clients who are suffering from work-related stress/depression and we protect them against attempts by their employers to terminate their employment on the grounds of incapacity, and again, we endeavor to negotiate a settlement package.
- Settlement agreements. We undertake a reasonable and constant amount of these and are very experienced at advising the Clients, negotiating terms and amending the agreement to ensure that it is commercially acceptable for our clients to sign. There are also issues of whether we need to press for relevant non-complete covenants to be partially waived to enable our Clients to be able to work with a new employer without delay.
Contact Employment Lawyers in Mill Hill, London, NW7
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your case and to book an appointment to come to our office for assistance. In a very urgent situation, we will always endeavor to see you on the same day. This is, in particular, the case where there are pending disciplinary hearings, and there is the need for urgent assistance in responding to the disciplinary charges.
We can also arrange for our clients to be represented at disciplinary and grievance meetings by a Trade Union representative. There is a statutory right to be accompanied by a Trade Union representative, and this applies even if our Clients are not formal members of the relevant union for which the representative is affiliated with.
Please contact Lawrence Rodkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0208 446 6223.
Contact Simons Rodkin Solicitors LLP
error: Content is protected !!