Instructing our firm
We are very approachable. We do not charge for initial telephone calls and can set up an initial fixed price meeting.
In relation to employees, we will consider, where appropriate, no win, no fee arrangements.
In relation to employers, we will also consider a fixed fee agreement concerning various stages of an Employment Tribunal claim.
Settlement Agreements in relation to Employees
We undertake a number of these every week and are very experienced with regard to this work.
We take our duties seriously and endeavour to provide a complete service including: –
- Advising employees as to their legal rights and the value of any claims.
- Giving advice concerning the package offered and in particular whether there appears to be a reasonable scope for negotiating an enhanced termination package.
- Advising upon the wording of the Agreement as to amendments required to make the Agreement commercially acceptable to be signed off.
- Advising in relation to non-compete covenants and whether these should be waived or partially waived to enable the employee to reasonably obtain new employment following the termination of their employment.
- Providing advice to employees who are also directors and/or have shareholdings who need special terms in the Agreement due to their status.
The cost of Settlement Agreements.
It is common practice for the Employers to set out in the Agreement a contribution towards costs. If the Agreement is signed off without any amendments this contribution would usually be sufficient. However, the amount of the contribution is negotiable as part of the negotiation to the wording/terms of the agreement and we always do our best to enhance the contribution where this should be reasonably necessary.
In particular, amending the Agreement will usually take about an hour/1 hour 15 minutes and so may not be completed covered where there is a relatively low-cost contribution offered by the employer.
To contact us please telephone 020 8446 6223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.