Employment Law Claims
We are very experienced at raising and defending employment law claims. These can be in the Employment Tribunal or the general Court System. In particular the contractual jurisdiction of the Employment Tribunal is limited to £25,000 and so any contractual claims above this amount need to be raised in the general court system. Also claims in relation to non-compete covenants and/or breach of confidentiality will have to be brought in the general courts. Our claims work is assisted by our employment law consultant barrister Kevin Harris, who is particularly experienced in relation to discrimination claims.
We act and can represent both employers and employees.
In suitable cases we will also consider a damages based/no win no fee agreement.
We can assist with both the Defence and Prosecution of employment related claims including the following :
- Unfair dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal
- Discrimination claim (including age/sex/pregnancy & Maternity/disability/race)
- Whistleblowing claims
- Claims under the minimum wages legislation
- Claims for a redundancy payment
- Litigation in relation to the enforceability of non-compete covenants
- Claims for breach of confidence or in relation to misuse/taking of client lists